Tutor Time English Program at Red Hill Campus
Our whole English program will be offered for Nursery and Kindergarten students from September 2016. Taught by native English speakers, all our classes focus on providing a caring environment for whole child development and the preparation of our students for international primary schools. All our classes include S.T.E.A.M. education modules.
Our U.S ‘Learn from the Start’ Curriculum for children aged 2 to 3 years has been designed to nurture every aspect of a child’s development, while stimulating problem solving and critical thinking skills. We focus on your child’s unique interests and abilities through hands-on active learning and opportunities for self-expression.
Our well-equipped classrooms support activities leading to language, physical, social-emotional and cognitive development. Our spacious playgrounds and music room enrich our students’ school experiences daily.
Our ‘LifeSmart’ curriculum, inspired by Howard Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences, informs our Kindergarten 1, 2 and 3 classes. This theory provides an approach to nurturing and teaching children that focuses on individual needs and strengths.
Our teaching strategies are designed to maximize the full development of each individual child and recognize how they learn different subjects in different ways, utilizing their intelligences, or “smarts.” Our rich learning centers are therefore designed around eight “Smarts”:
• WordSmart: Reading, writing and telling stories
• NumberSmart: Logical thinking, patterns, and numbers
• BodySmart: Expression through one’s body, movement and physical activity
• DesignSmart®: Visualization, building, drawing, and design
• RhythmSmart: Rhythm, signing, and creating music
• NatureSmart®: In tune with physical world and living things
• PeopleSmart®: Working in groups, sensitivity to others, leadership
• SelfSmart: In touch with personal feelings and thoughts
Individualized lesson plans, based on the specific abilities of each child, provide customized early education leading to success.